Wednesday, July 1, 2009

African quilt scarf

I am addicted to a few things... one is scarves. I wear a lot of shades- black, grey, white- especially in the winter, but I usually throw on a scarf to jazz my outfit up a bit and to keep my neck warm. It is way too hot to wear a scarf in the summer in New York, but for some reason I tend to find amazing patterned scarf during this season!

So... I spotted an ad in The New York Times Magazine for Echo Design and it caught my eye... most of the vintage scarfs I've collected from rummage sales and flea markets are marked with the word "echo." I thought for sure the company was no longer around, little did I know... so I visited their website and immediately fell in love with a scarf. The African quilt scarf...


I've been seeing a lot of African prints recently and I am always drawn to them. Bold, colorful, geometric, graphic... an African print on a silk scarf... amazing....
Learn how a silk scarf is made, a true work of art...


No comments:

Post a Comment